I've heard rumors of the dreaded 25 things meme, which apparently spread around facebook like the plague. I swore I would never partake in such nonsense. And then umbreons
tagged me on here, and so I'm going to join the party... Ah, God, I'm such a pushover. :)
o1. i begin college in 200 days, 18 hours, 11 minutes and 29 seconds... & don't worry, I used an online counter - I'm not quite that
o2. one of my ears has two piercings, and the other only has one... I did the second piercing myself, when I was fourteen, but never did the other side. This makes me feel quite lopsided. I might have to do something about that someday.
o3. you can call it "Tolkien-based slash fanfiction" all you want... it's gay elf porn. And I loved reading such things when I was about 13. To all the talented perverts who write it (and you know who you are...), I sincerely thank you. Innocence is overrated.
o4. when I hate my life, I shut my eyes and listen to recordings of Country Joe & the Fish at Woodstock.
o5. i do not have a fandom at the moment. It makes me feel like a hobo. I live in the cardboard box of original fiction & writer's block. It's rather lonely.
o6. the first poster I ever owned was the Beatles. I would kiss them goodnight when I was a kid. I miss those days.
o7. the worst concert I have ever seen was the Monkees. No competition... it still sticks in my mind as one of the most godawful things I've ever seen. But, like Ultrabunny, also pretty damn funny.
o8. i sincerely don't know what color my eyes are. people ask me this all the time, because no one else can tell, either. Some sort of green or blue or grey (or yellow?)... I might get bright purple contacts just to spare all the confusion.
o9. i have been Wiccan since I was 12. Back then, I was very religious, prayed twice a day and was always decorating my altar. A couple years ago, some shit got in the way of my being able to practice, and even though I still call myself a wicca, I haven't been exactly pious lately.
1o. i don't know where I would be without Syd Barrett. He's really gotten me through. We speak a similar language, or something.
11. i have never texted anyone in my life, not even when people text me. I also refuse to get a facebook, no matter how many people try to convince me that I should.
12. i have a horrible phobia of bananas. This is probably genetic, because my grandmother was the same. Hmmmm.
13. i always wanted to live to 28. That's always been the goal. When I turned 18, I was scared for a little bit, but then I realized how far I've come since I was 8. Ten years is plenty of time. I was never meant to get old.
14. i got two more college acceptance letters today. Out of three schools I've heard back from, all three were acceptances, and two offered rather charming scholarships. I am delighted.
15. i am considering going vegan. Not for the animals - I'm already vegetarian, and I think that's enough. But life has gotten so monotonous that I might like to break the endless drone by constantly checking nutrition labels for obscure animal products.
16. if I finish college, my dream isn't to travel the world (though I wouldn't mind that)... really I just want to go to Orkney for a while and make ice-cream.
17. the only expensive clothing I usually buy are bras.
18. until I was 14, the only CDs I owned were by the Beatles.
19. i once went through my entire iTunes and deleted the "genre" for every song... I probably have almost two thousand songs, but I couldn't stand the labels. They're never accurate, they can never sum up the music, and so they shall not be.
2o. i am strangely good at remembering things I shouldn't, but can never keep up with anything relevant.
21. eventually, I intend to end up living in a hippie commune somewhere - growing our own food and whatever, just being free... I can't say I'm big on modern life, though of course I've never known anything else.
22. i first read The Lord of the Rings
when I was, I dunno, maybe 8. I sometimes wonder how life would have gone if I hadn't. I have come to no conclusions.
23. some days I think I like James Taylor more than his music. I would like to meet him someday, just to prove that he exists.
25. i dislike the number twenty-four. I am not sure why.
As usual, you're tagged if you want to be. And just so you know, I'm giving up on my short-lived dream of having a writing journal (I have too many journals - it's like MPD, I swear...) So you'll most likely be seeing old writings off there re-posted in the near future.